Thursday, August 27, 2009

June 4, 2009

We made it home safely! Last time I told you Jennifer, Joanna, and I were heading out to Mississippi along with 21 others from San Diego to rebuild homes and hearts in the Mississippi gulf. We returned on Sunday safe and sound. The trip was inspiring, exciting, and exhausting. We have set aside Sunday, July 5th, to have a special potluck to bring you pictures, videos, and stories of our exciting trip. I hope you will join us on that day.
Before then, however, is the start of our summer Vacation Bible School program. We are returning again this year to our 4 Wednesday evenings format. The first is June 24th. We will serve dinner at 6pm and the program will begin at 6:30pm. The principal of Clay Elementary has agreed to distribute a flyer for the event and we hope this will help get the word out. This year we are doing a special VBS program call Under Construction. It was created by Habitat for Humanity and is centered around what it means to be in Christian community. We will have programs for all ages. We hope to see you there.
I am already in Annual Conference mode. My duties require that I answer about a dozen emails a day for the next two weeks. I will be leaving town after lunch on June 14th, and I hope to be home for dinner on June 21st. Please keep Thom Hogan, your representative, and myself in your prayers before and during the event. We hope to represent you well.
God Bless
Pastor John

No comments:

Post a Comment